Microsoft OneNote is one of the best note taking app which comes with some rich and premium features which allows you to take notes in various formats such as typed, handwritten, drawings, clips, audio, etc. Microsoft has bundled this app into its office suite, the MS Office but last year Microsoft has provided OneNote 2013 as a separate app to public and it was available for free but at that time Microsoft has released a restricted version and in that version several features were missing.
But now a good news for all of, now Microsoft has decided to launch full fledged version of OneNote 2013 for free to public which comes without any restriction or missing features, including some features previously reserved for paid editions like :-
- Password protected sections—Add a password to protect sensitive information.
- Page history—Easily see or go back to prior versions of a page.
- Audio and video recording—Take notes while recording, and easily jump to the relevant section later.
- Audio search—Search for a word in a voice or video recording.
- Embedded files—Insert Office documents or other files directly in your notebook.
The free edition of OneNote stores your notes on OneDrive for easy access across all your devices and works whether you’re online or offline. With your free Microsoft account, you’ll get 15 GB of OneDrive space for free and no limits on the number of notes you can create or sync.