Earlier IBM Notes used to be a popular email client for business users as it provided high end security but in is recent past days we had seen a fall in its usage.
On the other hand MS Outlook has expanded its area and its one of the most popular email clients for business as well as for normal users due to its user friendly interface and rich features.
If you had worked on IBM Note or Lotus Notes and looking to transfer yourself to MS Outlook then you will find it very difficult to migrate your Notes databases, Notes address ect. Lotus Notes used NSF file format while MS Outlook use PST files to store your data.
SysTool Export Notes
SysTools Export Notes
For converting data from NSF to PST tools like Export Notes comes in demand. This commercial tool has latest algorithms that provide a complete migration of NSF file emails along with attachments into PST format.
Moreover, users can also convert Lotus Notes contacts stored in names.nsf file into a separate PST format.The tool is also used to transfer NSF file data into a live Exchange Server using Technician and Enterprise edition of the tool.
Export Notes is a simple to use program which can run on Windows platform and can migrate data from any version of IBM Note or Lotus Notes into selective MS Outlook formats.
Features of Export Notes
- Complete Conversion Of Lotus Notes Data In Outlook platform: Export Notes help to perform complete migration of NSF file emails, contacts, calendars, journals and to do lists into the Outlook platform without leaving the single property of each file. The data is accessible in its original form even in Outlook platform with an original folder hierarchy of emails.
- Separate Migration Of names.nsf File Into PST format: Using Export Notes user can also migrate Lotus Notes contacts in a separate PST file with option to choose an Outlook PST format. They can either migrate into ANSI PST or can also migrate in Unicode PST format.
- Exclude Deleted, Sent And Other Folders From Migration: Using this tool users can exclude unwanted folders from the migration of NSF file to PST format. Just check or uncheck the ‘Exclude Deleted Items’ and ‘Exclude Sent Items’ options and software will perform accordingly. Moreover, users can also provide the names of folders that are not required to software wizard and respective folders will be excluded from the migration process.
- Controls PST File Size With The Help of Split PST Option: Export Notes also helps to maintain the size of the PST file by splitting it into smaller parts. If the resultant NSF converted PST file will grow more than 20 GB, then the software will create a new PST file to save the rest of the data into. This helps in maintaining the data in Outlook profile along with no threat of the oversizing issues.
- Removes Encryption From NSF file to Access Into Outlook: Export Notes has an option named as ‘Remove Encryption’ that will help to remove encryption from NSF files so that these files can accessed into Outlook platform. The Software will eliminate the encryption properties from NSF file emails and will display those NSF files without any kind of limitations.
Final Words On Export Notes
Export Notes seems to be a very useful and handy tool for those who want to switch from IBM note to MS Outlook but one thing which we think is missing is to support other OS, at this time Export Notes can work only on Windows platform but IBM Notes was working on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux as well.
Export Notes has some nice features like it can remove encryption, exclude folders and select the Outlook version for file conversion.
Trail version of Export Notes is also available in which you can export 16 items per folder having size less than 500 MB.