As its an cloud based AV so it wont install huge files and database on your computer, It scans all files and send Hash (digital fingerprint) of each file is generated and sent to the Avira Protection Cloud, which is then categorized as “clean” or “malware”.
- Detection updates in real time :- Protection is based on the most current malware information at all times, not just when your antivirus software downloads virus definitions.
- Scanning that is lighter than air :- The files accessed by your computer are matched against the fingerprints of files stored in the cloud. As more scanning is done in the cloud, less processing power is required by the antivirus application.
- Access to the very latest anti-malware technology :- Access Avira’s super computing malware analysis grid and get the best Avira detection ever.
- Prevention of false positives :- When our Virus Lab has access to unknown files at an earlier stage, it can classify them sooner and with more sophisticated analysis systems.
- A bird’s-eye view of the threat landscape :- The Protection Cloud serves as a central location to observe attempted cyber attacks throughout our user base. In turn, our ability to address potential outbreaks is dramatically enhanced.
System Requirements :-
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
- Internet connection
- Windows XP SP3 or higher
As its an Beta version so it might have some bugs or give some errors, so use it at your own risk. You can download it from HERE.