Yesterday we had reported that Apple will release final update for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6.8.
Now update is ready for download and you can update yourself, Apple has said that this update is necessary to update yourself to Mac OS X Lion which will come in July.
What’s included in this update :-
- Enhancements to the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion,
- Resolves an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit,
- Improves support for IPv6,
- Improves VPN reliability,
- Identifes and removes known variants of MacDefender malware,
- Corrects timezone data in iCal for Lisbon-Portugal,
- Adds the ability to use Kerberos authentication to a web proxy server,
- Fixes an issue when saving documents from Xcode or TextEdit when using an NFS home directory,
- Fixes an issue when importing certain media files into Final Cut Pro,
- Includes RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
Mac OS X v10.6.8 also includes fixes provided in the Mac OS X v10.6.7 Snow Leopard Font Update:
- Addresses an issue in which some OpenType fonts don’t display correctly in certain applications,
- Resolves issues printing from Preview,
- Addresses an issue with PDF files not opening in third-party PDF viewing applications,
- Resolves invalid font errors when printing to PostScript printers.
You can either use Software Update to get this update your you can download the standalone installer from HERE.