WordPress is a nice CMS tool and this site too runs on WordPress earlier we had shared must have WordPress plugins and one of them was W3 Total Cache Plugin which reduces your website load time by caching it.
W3 Total Cache is one of the most downloaded and top rated plugin on WordPress directory but many times this plugin can react weirdly and sometime this plugin wont support many web servers.
If you too facing problem with this plugin then here is the correct procedure to uninstall it and delete all of its files from your server.
- First login to your admin panel and uninstall it from Plugin directory
- Now remove W3 total Cache folder from wp-content/plugins directory
- Remove following lines from your wp-config.php file
(define(‘WP_CACHE’, true) )
- Delete advanced-cache.php, db.php, wp-total-cache-config.php, cache and W3tc folder from wp-content directory
- Now at last open .htaccess file and delete W3 Total Cache entry
If you follow above steps then you had removed W3 Total Cache plugin from your server.
Do let us know which caching plugin you are using for your WordPres blog.