Many times we usually test our internet speed to check whether we are getting appropriate speed or not, for this you can download and use several freeware’s or to make it more simple you can use online services like Speedtest,net or XFINITY Speed Test but when it comes to check your LAN/ Network speed, Hard Drive speed then you have very limited choice. Today we have got our hands on LAN Speed Test.
This is a freeware tool for measuring file transfer, hard drive, USB Drive, and Local Area Network (LAN) speeds (wired & wireless), and all this is done by building a file in memory, then transfers it both ways (without effects of windows file caching) and it keep track of it.
To get start with it, you need at least two computer’s on network as it requires to send and receive packets. It asks you how much data to be transfer to check the speed in Kilobytes, Megabytes and Gigabytes format. By default 100MB is selected but you can change it by your needs. Once you are done click on Start Test. Within a minute you will get your results.
- Portable app, no installation needed
- Compatible with Windows versions 2000 & up (2000, XP, Vista, Win7, Server2003 & Server 2008)
- Test packet sizes up to 9 GB while taking a maximum of just 10 MB of RAM on your system
- Compatible with LST Server for real network performance results without hard drive limitations – Even test your WAN (internet) speed with LST Server
- Network Scan (lets you see all other computers/devices that are on your network) with the ability to Ping test to any of them
- Log viewing screen with ability to add notes
- Scheduling test runs now an option with logging and the new Command Line format
- Open/Save option to .csv file
- Selectable Speed Measurements
- Simultaneous multiple stream support
- Automatically re-start tests for a set period of time or until manually stopped
- Email results manually, automatically, or only when under a certain speed
There are some other apps too but this one is quote easy to use and it helps you to identify and diagnose the data packet which were sent and received over network. you can download it from Here.