Sony has launched its new smartphone Xperia Ion in India, the phone is available via online retailer SnapDeal for Rs 35,999. The phone is available in in two variant Black and Red. Sony has already told us that they will launch Ion, Go and Neo L in India. Sony has launched this phone to compete with Samsung Galaxy S III and HTC One X, both are high end smart phone and are priced very similar to Ion.
Ion comes with Android Gingerbread aka 2.3 and might get ICS update but when its not clear but we hope you will get ICS update by the end of 2012. It comes with a 4.5 inch of display with 1280×720 screen resolution. It runs on 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 dual-core processor.
It has an 12 MP camera at back which can shot Full HD videos at 1080p and also has an 1.3 MP camera at front for video calling. It has 4G LTE technology in it. It comes with 1 GM of RAM and inbuilt memory of 16 GB which can be expandable with microSD Card. It also packs with Wi-Fi, DLNA and NFC for connectivity. It has battery which supports Talk time (up to) 10 hours, Standby time (up to) 400 hours, Music listening time of 12 hours.
- Runs on Android 2.3, will get ICS update,
- 12 MP rear camera which can shot full HD videos of 1080p,
- Powered by 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor,
- 4.55 inch of display with 1280×720 screen resolution,
- Has 1 GB of RAM,
- For connectivity has 4G, WiFi, DLNA and NFC
- Supports GSM EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900; UMTS HSPA+ 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100