Posterous is one of the simplest blogging platform out there on the internet. Its quite popular tool too but last year it has been acquired by Twitter and recently they had announced that that they are going to shut down it on April 20th 2013.
If you still using using Posterous and had some data on it then you might not want to lose it, on the other hand WordPress is also quite popular blogging tool which is adopted by many of the blogging site. You can use WordPress in two way either host your blog on WordPress server mean on WordPress.Com or you can also use WordPress on self-hosted site means WordPress.Org
If you ant to move to WordPress.Com as its free and easy too use then here are the steps which allows you to move your data to WordPress from your Posterous.
- First create a backup of your Posterous blog for this login to your Posterous account and then click on backup button at the top,
- On the next screen click on Request BackUp,
- Once your backup is ready you will get an email alert, download your backup, it will be a zip file which will contain all your images, videos and audios too, It also contains a XML file, that’s the file which we need.
- Now create an account on WordPress.Com if you already had then skip this step,
- Now login and move too Tools –> Import
- Now click on Posterous option and on the next screen browse your XML file which you had downloaded and upload it
- At last you need to select the user and then you are done.