No doubt on that Internet Download Manager or simply IDM is one of the most popular and used download manager out there on internet.
It provides many functionality like pause and resume any download, import and export download jobs, automatically update downloading link and so on.
IDM supports almost all types of file extension, and as soon as you click on the download link it will start download of it and place it in appropriate folder according to the file extension.
But there are some file types or extensions which are not supported by IDM by default and if you wanna download them then your browsers default downloader will start it.
If you want to add those unsupported file extension in IDM then follow these simple steps :-
- Launch IDM either from Start Menu or by double clicking on its icon on System Tray,
- Navigate to Downloads –> Options,
- Now click on File Types Tab,
- Now you will see all supported file types listed there, to add your just write that file type with a space between them
- Now click OK and you are done.