Microsoft has released RC build of Windows 8, if you planning to download and install Windows 8 on you computer then you must first check the system requirements and then move ahead because there is no point to waste bandwidth on downloading the file.
However is you are already running Windows 7 on your computer then you can easily upgrade and install it, and if you wanna detail System Requirements then here it is :-
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multi touch.
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.