Opera team has started working on their next project, Opera 12 aka Wahoo and they had released first snapshot version of it.
This builds has a couple of very important fixes though, first among them is plugging a big memory leak on Windows.
- Code cleanup and optimizations
- Plugged a huge memory leak on Windows, and a smaller one on Mac
- Several updates to blocklists. Note that many changes are continuously pushed through autoupdate, so you probably have these changes already
- Blocking use of hardware acceleration on NVIDIA Quadro NVS (bad performance)
- Blocking use of hardware acceleration on NVIDIA FX/PCX series (buggy driver version detection prevented blocking of the too old driver)
- Blocking use of 3D hardware acceleration (WebGL) on Intel GMA 3000 (bad performance)
- Added fallback rule for unknown chipsets on Windows as well, should block things like VMWare
- Fixed ex value parsing on Mac, fixes many odd errors where things go missing on websites like reddit
- Made "Minimal restart" in crashlog UI work again
- Improved flash rendering on Mac
- Fixed crash when closing tabs with "dimmed" dialogs
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
Download (Windows) | Download (Mac) | Download (Linux)