Now some guys asked me that they wanna run Linux (Ubuntu) too on their exiting machine, means they wanna make a multi boot of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Ubuntu, so here I am going to guide you for this.
- Dual Boot machine with Windows 7 and Windows 8, follow THIS GUIDE,
- At least 10 GB of space on C drive, or on which Windows 7 is installed,
- A CD or Bootable USB of Ubuntu.
If you had above things then follow below steps :-
- Insert your Ubuntu CD or attach bootable USB to computer,
- It will auto play, just run Wubi and then it will show you 3 option,
- Just select the second one, Install Inside Windows, Then it will present a set up wizard in which you had to select the drive, in which your Windows 7 is install, then username and password, and allot at least 10 GB of space and then click next,
- It will extract some files from CD or USB and once it finish it will ask you reboot your computer, first remove your CD or USB and then reboot your computer,
- On reboot at boot loader you will get 3 entries, Windows Developer Preview, Windows 7 and Ubuntu, select Ubuntu to boot into it and continue installation,
- Once you boot into Ubuntu it will install files and after that you will be asked to enter password to login, just enter it and you are done.
- Enjoy your multi Boot computer.