Samsung has started rolling out Android 4.2.2 update for its Galaxy S IV i9500, it is the same version which is available in India, and Sri Lanka. If you can’t wait to get update and would like to update your phone manually then here is a simple way to do this, after following these steps you will be able to update your Galaxy S IV to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean aka XWUBMG1.
Before update make sure:-
- You had backed-up your data
- You had enough battery on your phone, make sure at-least 40% battery is there
- Enable USB debugging by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
Follow below steps to update Samsung Galaxy S IV to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean :-
- Download Odin and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean package and extract them on your computer
- Turn off your phone and put it in Download Mode by pressing Volume Down + Menu and Power button, your device will boot and you will see green robot,
- Launch Odin and connect your device to computer, now you will see your ID:Com section will become yellow or green which indicates that all drivers were installed
- Click on PDA on Odin and select downloaded tar file and click on Start
- Once your device is updated it will be rebooted, it might take more than usual time to reboot, this whole process can take 15 minutes.
Thanks to AndroidAdvices for sharing this with us