Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 allows you to login to your machine with your Microsoft account, you can add your account and from next logon you need to enter your online Microsoft account password in order to gain access.
It’s a quite useful feature as its not only more secure but once you add your Microsoft account it will sync all data and settings from your account.
But if you use Microsoft account then you have to enter your password every time you logon, if you are sharing your PC then you have to share your password too which you don’t want to do.
A simple solution is that you can ask Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 to use your Microsoft account for sync but not to ask password on logon. Yes it can be do, let see how.
- Already connected with Microsoft account on your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 machine
- Basic knowledge of Registry editing
- Couple of free minutes
How To Do It :-
- Press Windows Key + R to launch run command and then type regedit in it
- Once your registry editor is open, navigate to HKEY_Local_MachineSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrent VersionWinlogon
- Now on right hand side pane look for AutoAdminLogon key, if its there then double click it and change its value to 1, if its not there then create String value
- Now look for DefaultUserName key, if its not there create a String value and its value should be MicrosoftAccount followed by your Microsoft email address
- Now look for DefaultPassword, if its not there create a String value and put value as your password, you have to note that your password will be shown in plain text, so if anyone has knowledge then he can access your password.
- Now restart your computer, if you had followed all steps as said then you will be able to login without any password.