No doubt on that Gmail is one of the best Email service provider, They are very much concern regarding the security issue, they had launched so many new things which are not present in other Email service providers, like Step 2 Verification.
Now another thing has been seen in Gmail and its that its been notifying users regarding the forwarding filter they are using on their account.
Well this is a nice step as it will allow you see if anyone forwarding your mails to another account and getting its advantage.This alert will be shown for few minutes for a week.
According to the help page :-
Why do I have a forwarding filter notice?
You’re seeing a notice to help you confirm that the forwarding filter setting that’s active on your account is accurate. If your account has this feature enabled, you should see this notice.
Forwarding filters are a pretty powerful feature that enables you to send a specific portion of your incoming email to another email account. This mechanism is helpful especially when you have more than one email account. Even so, it’s a good idea to make sure all the details are consistent with what you intend and expect. We encourage you to review your settings and verify that they are accurate.
How long will I see this notice?
For about a week, this notice will appear for a few minutes each time you sign in to your account. Displaying the notification in this way helps ensure that you have a chance to see the notice, rather than someone who might try to gain unauthorized access to your account and use this setting improperly. The notice will disappear immediately if you choose to disable the forwarding filter setting, but that decision is up to you.
How do I remove unwanted forwarding filters?
If the content of the notice looks unneeded or unfamiliar, please do the following:
- If you see unfamiliar account access, please change your password immediately. This may indicate that someone has unauthorized access to your account. It’s a good idea to pick a strong password for your Gmail account and never use it again on other websites.
- Sign back in to your Gmail account and click the gear icon in the top right corner of Gmail and choose Mail settings.
- Click the Filters tab.
- Search for the terms "Forward to" and delete any filters with unfamiliar email addresses. Note, there may be more than one filter.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the "Forwarding" section, click the first drop-down menu and remove any unfamiliar email addresses.
- Select the Disable forwarding radio button if you want to disable non-filter based forwarding.
Well according to me it’s a nice step and it will improve the security on the account.