If you keep yourself updated with tech news then you must know about Google Glass, Tech world is very much impressed with Google’s innovation. Early beta testers those get their hands on it found it very impressive technology but on the other hand they found it quite expensive too.
Now if you couldn’t get hands on Google Glass then here is an alternative for you, GlassUp is augment reality glass which can display messages on your glass. It can display incoming e-mails, text messages, tweets, Facebook updates, and other messages, so that the user can keep abreast on what is going on in this big world. But for reply you have to open phone.
Message is shown on the side of the field of view, in an unobtrusive manner.It works via a bluetooth connection and a set of apps (Android, iOS, hopefully Windows), depending on the mobile platform and the message you want to receive, so you must have your mobile with you.
This glass is up on Indiegogo, but developers are saying that they will provide this glass if they isnt get funds as they had already got alternate funding.
What you can do with GlassUp :-
- Emails, text messages, Facebook updates, tweets, RSS, calendar events, incoming calls
- Breaking news, weather, stock exchange, sport results
- Real time feedback display for running, biking, sailing, action sports
- Turn by turn directions to riders (motorcycles, bikes,..)
- Aid for hearing impaired
- Translations display when talking in different languages
- Patients’ body data to a surgeon
- Instructions to workers in warehousing or maintenance
- Teleprompter for public speaking
- Subtitles at the movies (for hearing impaired and for different languages)
- Details about works of art at a museum
- Weight around 65 grams (tested on our first prototype)
- On board OS: Android
- Sensors: accelerometer, compass, ambient light sensor, precision altimeter, perhaps more (the GPS is already on your smartphone, so we don’t need it)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth LE
- Optical system, made of a display and a set of lenses and mirrors. The resolution of the display is 320×240. If you ask more details on the optics, you’re a competitor.
- One day of battery life recharge via mini-usb
- Lenses: Lenses will be slightly tinted
- Controls: A touch-pad, with the usual controls (tap, double tap, long press, swipe vertically and horizontally), we are deciding now which ones to keep for us to on/off the projector (probably the long press), the others will be left to the developers to manage the apps.
- Color combinations: The frame you see in the video is red on white, it’s one of the two versions we plan to sell – the other is green on black
- Prescription glasses – we get asked all the time, and a hard one: can our GlassUp be used with your prescription lenses? The lens of our GlassUp is very special, so you can not replace it with yours. We are working on a solution. We’ll likely be able to accommodate simple vision defects at a small cost.
- Now you might ask whats the main difference between Google Glass and GlassUp, so GlassUp is only receive only device and you can reply using it, you can reply using Google Glass.