If you are a Samsung Galaxy S4 user and loves CyanogenMod due to its rich features then here is a good news for you, two recognized XDA developers, AntaresOne & Alucard24 has created and launched CM12.1 (which is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop) based ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 users, currently this ROM is available for only Qualcomm variants. If you love to try new things and wants to get most of your device then you can go ahead and flash this ROM by using below mention method.
Disclaimer :- By following below mention steps, Your warranty will be void, and if anything goes wrong with your device, like it stop booting up or anything else then TechnoArea Team will not be responsible for it, its only you and you will responsible for that. So proceed at your own Risk.
- Of course, Samsung Galaxy S4 (Qualcomm variant) – i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506
- TWRP Recovery v184.108.40.206
- CM 12.1 ROM
- At least 80 percent battery
- Download the ROM from the link above
- Download GApps package for Lollipop 5.1
- Put the zip files on your SDCard
- Reboot in Recovery
- Wipe Data / Factory Reset
- Select “Install zip from SDCard”
- Choose CM12.1 zip file
- Choose GApps zip file
- Reboot system
Your first boot might take some time, say 5 minutes, so dont panic and wait for system to boot up.
To use F2FS, you should first convert your EXT4 partitions through recovery, before installing this ROM.
- Download and install this TWRP
- Wipe->advanced wipe
- Select cache->change or repair file system->f2fs
- Select system->change or repair file system->f2fs
- Select data->change or repair file system->f2fs
Warning: internal storage is formatted, make a backup of your personal data before doing this!
Known bugs :-
- Xposed is not working as its not compatible with Android 5.1 yet, this isn’t a ROM bug.
- Sound may have some random issues