From the date of launch of Windows 8 users were missing Aero effect which was introduced back in Windows Vista and continued in Windows 7 too, but for some reason Microsoft has decided to drop it in Windows 8.
If you love Aero then you don’t need to be disappointed as there is Glass 8 which allows you to get full Aero effect on your Windows 8 machine. It can make your windows borders and the taskbar transparent like we had in Windows 7.
- Apply glass look to windows borders
- Blur the content behind the borders to improve UI experience
- Change amount of transparency in Control panels directly
- Change inactive windows borders color
- Skin windows borders (add glow, shadows etc.) without changing Windows theme
- Fully native including MSStyle themes and DWM API compatibility
- Low resources usage
You can download it using below link but make sure your Secure Boot is disabled, Secure Boot stops any kind of malware to be installed on your system, so if you want to use Aero then you have to disable it.
Another about this freeware is that you don’t need to put it in your Startup folder, just install it and it will launch itself automatically on every Windows startup.
We had installed it on our Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 machine and using it from 2 days and hadn’t faced any issue till now.
You can use it an share your views in comment section below, if you know any other such tool then let us know.