If you wanna enjoy same logon screen on your Windows 7 pc then you can use Win8 Consumer Preview logon for Win7 designed by PeterRollar at DA. When you use, it will replace Windows 7 default logon screen and provide you Windows 8 like logon screen.
How To get :-
- First we need to Take Ownership of 2 files from Windows directory, because we are going to replace them, for it you can use any of below 2 method :-
- Now go to %WinDir%BrandingBasebrd and Take ownership of basebrd.dll file, and make its backup by renaming it as basebrd.dll_bak,
- Now go to %WinDir%System32 and Take Ownership of authui.dll file, and make its backup by renaming it as authui.dll_bal,
- Now you had taken ownership means you can delete/edit or modify your system,
- Now download Windows 8 Logon Screen,
- Extract the package and you will get 2 folders, x64 Files and x86 Files, Open folder according to your system,
- There you will find 2 files, basebrd.dll and authui.dll,
- Copy and paste basebrd.dll in %WinDir%BrandingBasebrd and paste authui.dll in %WinDir%System32 folder,
- That’s it Windows will use these new file for your logon screen.
Note :- It will work only in Windows 7 SP1, if you had not installed Service pack 1 then dont try it.