Opera’s mail UI has been completely revamped in Opera 11.60, is easy to setup and works well in combination with webmail services.11.60 also features an updated version of the browser enginer (including Opera’s new HTML5 parser, Ragnarök) and many improvements in the address field, including an easy way to add pages to bookmarks or speed dial.
Opera Presto 2.10 rendering engine
Opera 11.60 uses the Opera Presto 2.10 rendering engine (Presto/2.10.229).
- The user interface for Opera Mail has been redesigned.
- Two-lined message list: Opera Mail will now default to "list on the left, message on the right", with the newest message on top, and showing message threads.
- Mail grouping: Opera will automatically group messages by date. You can also group them by unread status, by pinned status, or not at all.
- Cleaned up look: The mail toolbars are simplified, and icons have been redesigned.
- New settings dialogs: The "View" dropdown menu with all its sub-menus has been replaced by an overlay dialog that can be reached by clicking the "wrench" button.
- Pinning: You can now "pin" messages with one click in the message list or in the message headers, to mark a message for attention. This pinning is mapped to the IMAP Flagged feature, so it corresponds to "starring" and "flagging" in other IMAP clients, and with Gmail’s starred messages.