As you all know that Windows 8 is the next project which is due from Microsoft, as expected Windows 8 will be out in 2012 and we might get Beta version of Windows 8 by the end of this year.
Microsoft has first time previewed the Official video of Windows 8 at D9 Conference, which demonstrated the some features of Windows 8.
The demo showed some of the ways Microsoft has reimagined the interface for a new generation of touch-centric hardware. Fast, fluid and dynamic, the experience has been transformed while keeping the power, flexibility and connectivity of Windows intact.
Here are a few aspects of the new interface we showed today:
- Fast launching of apps from a tile-based Start screen, which replaces the Windows Start menu with a customizable, scalable full-screen view of apps.
- Live tiles with notifications, showing always up-to-date information from your apps.
- Fluid, natural switching between running apps.
- Convenient ability to snap and resize an app to the side of the screen, so you can really multitask using the capabilities of Windows.
- Fully touch-optimized browsing, with all the power of hardware-accelerated Internet Explorer 10.
Although the new user interface is designed and optimized for touch, it works equally well with a mouse and keyboard. Microsoft has not compromised— you get to use whatever kind of device you prefer, with peripherals you choose, to run the apps you love. This is sure to inspire a new generation of hardware and software development, improving the experience for PC users around the world.
You might take a look at the video below to know more about Windows 8 :-