YU, the new age technology brand, has announced the winners of its campaign #YUCreateIt aimed at seeking creative inputs from YU fans and users to contribute wallpapers, ringtones, animations and themes. Yu has started this campaign on 23rd April, 2015, it empowered the consumers by giving them freedom to create their own technology experience. More than 2,000 enthusiastic fans participated in the contest, and gave life to the device as the company received more than 1500 entries for wallpapers, 150 entries for Boot animations, 250 entries for Complete Design and 250 entries for ringtones.
- Baljeet Singh-Complete Design Set Winner – Cash Prize Rs. 1,00,000/-
- Nitish Saxena- Complete Design Set -1st Runner Up – Cash prize Rs. 50,000/-
- Nitin Prakash- Complete Design Set 2nd Runner Up- Cash prize Rs. 25,000/-
- Satish Maurya- Wall Paper- Amazon eGift cards worth Rs. 10,000/-
- Kapil Malik-Ringtone- Amazon eGift cards worth Rs. 10,000/-
- Vaishnavi Soman- Boot Animation- Amazon eGift cards worth Rs. 10,000/-
Adding more conviction to its ideology of ‘YUPlayGod’, the contest gave the consumers and enthusiasts the rare opportunity to contribute their ideas for YUPHORIA. Garnering over 7000 unique votes, the voting started on May 28,2015 and ended on June 5,2015, giving an opportunity to the fans to innovate at their best. The Design Challenge saw entries from fans across walks of lives – artists, graphic designers, fashion designers, students, photographers, musicians, animators – amateur as well as professionals. In addition to all this, the company also gathered information about the interests of the fans and consumers as YU received most of the wallpapers related to Nature, abstract, graphics; ringtones on Hip Hop and Instrumental genre and boot animation related to Minimalistic design language.