Recently we had told you how to download SP1 for Windows 7 using direct link and how to free up some space after installing SP1. But some guys reported that after installing SP1 on their machine some hardware issue com up and they need to uninstall it. So here is the way :-
Uninstall Using Control Panel
- Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- Click Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932), and then click Uninstall.
If you don’t see Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932) in the list of installed updates, your computer likely came with SP1 already installed, and you can’t uninstall the service pack. If the service pack is listed but grayed out, you can’t uninstall the service pack.
Using Command Prompt
- Click the Start button , and then, in the search box, type Command Prompt.
- In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Type the following:
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:976932
- Press the Enter.
If you cant uninstall SP1
If you’ve used Disk Cleanup since installing SP1, the backup files needed to uninstall the service pack might have been deleted from your computer. To remove the service pack, you’ll need to reinstall Windows 7.