Nexus devices were always the favorite devices for hackers, geeks and developers. I am very sure that any who own a Nexus device first want to unlock it bootloader before doing anything on device.
By unlocking bootloader you will be able to try new custom ROMs. Unlocking Bootloader in Nexus device is an easy task. Here we have a short tutorial for you which takes you through the process of unlocking bootloader of newly launch Nexus 5.
Enable Developer Option on Nexus 5 :-
Navigate to Settings –>About Phone and tap on build number 5-6 times to enable hidden ‘Developer Option’. Once developer option is enabled, enable USB debugging and then connect your phone to PC and allow USB debugging.
Setting up Android SDK and Unlocking Bootloader :-
- Extract Android SDK which you had downloaded and navigate to android-sdk > platform-tools, press and hold Shift key and right click on folder and then select ‘Open command window here’
- Type adb reboot bootloader in Windows or /adb reboot boot loader in Mac, now you will see a big Start button on your Nexus 5 screen which Android logo showing its internal.
- Type fastboot oem unlock, a confirmation screen will appear on your phone, use volume button navigate to Yes and power button to select it
- All your data will be erased and bootloader will be unlocked
- You will get a screen confirming that device is in Lock State, press power button to reboot
Related :- How to Root Nexus 5