If you had got your hands on newly launched Nexus 5 Android smartphone then here is a good news for that now you can root it and install custom apps on your Nexus 5. Once you had rooted your device you will be able to install custom ROMS on it which will come up very shortly.
Pre Requisites :-
- Back up all your data, contacts and SMSs before you proceed
- Enable USB debugging by heading to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
- Download CF-Auto-Root for Nexus 5
- Download and extract CF-Auto-Root on your desktop for easy access
- Boot Nexus 5 into Fastboot Mode or Boot loader Mode by turning it off and then pressing and holding volume down and power buttons at the same time.
- Connect your phone to computer via USB and if it requires to install some drivers then install it first
- Now we need to run CF-Auto-Root script, it varies as per your OS
Run root-windows.bat file
chmod +x root-linux.sh, and then
Mac OS X
chmod +x root-mac.sh, and then
That’s it, now just follow onscreen institutions, to root your device.
P.S. If somehow you get stuck in sequence boot you need to turn it off by long pressing power button and then reapply updates from start.
Do let us know if you are facing any issue, if you had rooted it successfully then also do let use know what problem you had faced and how you corrected it.