Requirement to Jailbreak your PS3 :-
- A USB drive,
- And a PS3 which runs on 3.55 firmware.
Now here is the process :-
- Plug a USB stick into your computer
- Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3
- Create a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE
- Download http://geohot.com/jailbreak.zip
- Unzip Jailbreak.zip to PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick
- Plug the USB stick into your PS3
- Navigate to Settings Tab
- Choose System Update
- Choose Update via Storage Media
- It will say it found Version 3.55-jb
- Choose OK
- Accept Conditions and Install Update
- After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
- Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)
- Cheers your PS3 is now jailbroken!
Steps to install custom packages :-
- Plug your USB stick into your computer
- Drop http://geohot.com/test.pkg into the root of the USB stick
- Plug your USB stick into your PS3
- Navigate to the Game Tab
- Choose Install Package Files
- Select the test.pkg
- After it installs you will find the test package from geohot installed below the Install Package Files folder
- Wait for more packages to be created by the PS3 community.
Thanks To StealthBravo for sharing this..