Earlier this year, Asus has launched a new battery powered smartphone under its Zenfone series, the Asus ZenFone Max PRO M1 which was a success for the company and Asus was able to sell good number of units of this smartphone. And to follow the footprints of Asus ZenFone Max PRO M1, company has launched its successor, the Asus ZenFone Max PRO M2 which again comes with lots of enhancements and other features like all new Snapdragon 660 processor, dual camera, elegant design and much more.
Asus ZenFone Max PRO M2 comes with same camera which we have seen on Xiaomi Mi A2, which is a good camera and can capture good images for you, but if you want more control and better images then you can take the benefit of Google modded cams which has Google’s intelligent image processing.
But to use Gcam, you need to have Camera2Api, which is the latest API from Google, which enables on your device so that you can control things like like ISO, Focus, Exposure, but sadly by default Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 does not comes with Camera2Api enabled.
So today we are going to enable Camera2Api and so that you can install GCam on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- A Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
- A PC with ADB and fastboot drivers installed
- First we have to enable developer options on device, for this navigate to settings > system > about phone and tap on build number seven times so that you will get a message saying “You are successfully a developer”.
- Now navigate to developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB cable
- Navigate to your ADB folder, generally C:\adb,
- Here press and hold shift and right and click on Launch Powershell window here
- Once powershell is opened, type following command to check is your device is connected and detected or not, you might get a prompt on your device, just allow it
- Now we have to boot into fastboot, for this type
adb reboot fastboot
- Now type Fastboot devices, to make sure that your device is stilled detected by fastboot
- Now you have to type following command to enable Camera2Api
fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true
- You will get a Okay message
Once you have done this, reboot your device and you are ready to install GCam, you can download and install This GCam on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.