Recently we had shared some of WordPress Security tips with you, if you want to make your WordPress more secure then here are some WordPress Security Plugins which will add another layer to your WordPress blog.
- WordPress Firewall 2 :- We all use Firewall in our computer, then why not use on you’re a Firewall on your blog, This WordPress plugin investigates web requests with simple, WordPress-specific heuristics, to identify and stop the most obvious attacks. There are a few powerful, generic modules that do this; but they’re not always installed on web servers, and usually difficult to configure.
- Google Authenticator :- You might be using 2 Step verification on your Google account to login, Now with this plugin you can have same thing on your blog too. Using this plugin you have to enter password and time dependent code generated by it.
- WordPress Sentinel :- This plugin will look over your files and notifies you whenever there is any changes, deletion, modification, addition of files in your directory.
- Login Dongle :- This plugin disables the login button on your Login page, It generates a Bookmarklet with a security question, you can add Bookmarklet on your Bookmark bar and to login you have to enter your credentials and then press this Bookmarklet and enter your answer.
- Exploit Scanner :- This plugin will scan all your posts, pages, and plugins so that it can detect malicious codes and then it tells you about the same.
- WP Security Scan :- WP Security Scan checks your WordPress website/blog for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrective actions like Passwords, File permissions, Database security, Version hiding, WordPress admin protection/security, Removes WP Generator META tag from core code.
- Login LockDown :- This records the IP address and timestamp of every failed login attempt. If more than a certain number of attempts are detected within a short period of time from the same IP range, then the login function is disabled for all requests from that range. This helps to prevent brute force password discovery.