Geahot has did once again,They had released Sony PlayStation Jailbreak.Once you jailbreak your device you will be able to install third party apps on your PS3.
Requirement to Jailbreak your PS3 :-
- A USB drive,
- And a PS3 which runs on 3.55 firmware.
Now here is the process :-
- Plug a USB stick into your computer
- Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3
- Create a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE
- Download http://geohot.com/jailbreak.zip
- Unzip Jailbreak.zip to PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick
- Plug the USB stick into your PS3
- Navigate to Settings Tab
- Choose System Update
- Choose Update via Storage Media
- It will say it found Version 3.55-jb
- Choose OK
- Accept Conditions and Install Update
- After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
- Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)
- Cheers your PS3 is now jailbroken!
Steps to install custom packages :-
- Plug your USB stick into your computer
- Drop http://geohot.com/test.pkg into the root of the USB stick
- Plug your USB stick into your PS3
- Navigate to the Game Tab
- Choose Install Package Files
- Select the test.pkg
- After it installs you will find the test package from geohot installed below the Install Package Files folder
- Wait for more packages to be created by the PS3 community.
Thanks To StealthBravo for sharing this..
Some handpicked devices for you